March 5, 2008

Maybe I'm crazy

So I just got back from a quaint little 2-night shakedown trip out in the Mountain Lake wilderness, to break in my backpack, check out some of my gear, and basically remember how to hike. And this trip generally reiterated a few reasons why me walking up mountains is slightly on the nutty side:

  • I'm really out of shape.
  • 2 nights is the longest I've ever backpacked before.
  • I will basically end up spending all of my money.
  • I don't exactly know what I'll do when I'm done.
  • I have poor social skills.
  • I really love movies.
  • A lot.
  • I need more answers from Lost!
  • I hate healthy food.
  • Walking in the rain for an entire day sucks a lot.

On the other hand...

  • I won't have a crappy job.
  • I won't have to worry about personal hygiene (which is already kind of lacking).
  • I'll lose a lot of weight.
  • I'll appreciate plumbing and mattresses and buffets a lot more.
  • I'll actually know where I'm going for a little while.

And if I don't do it now, I might not have another chance to be crazy for a long time.

No comments: