May 26, 2008

Trail Daze

Yet again, I have become very lax in my blogging duties. Please forgive me - myself at a blog is very similar to a monkey at a typewriter.

However, the last few weeks have indeed been eventful, so I will give you the abbreviated highlights...

"ahem"

Hiking out of Damascus, rain storm, group seperated, Troutdale, slackpack w/ Racoon and Lipstick, Grayson Highlands (wild ponies!).

Trail Days! = back to Damascus. reunion!, Tent City campground, Grizzly Park, lots of vendors, lots of Damascus Eats, Mom visits, The Place, hikers parade/water fight, talent show, Vachon goes home, more tent city, party's over, everyone's split, gotta go.

Back to the trail, Relax Inn at Atkins, crossing I-81, cow pastures, short days, huge trail magic breakfast, into Bland, picked up and home for the weekend.

Tooling around Pearisburg, visit people ahead on the trail, meet Freefall and Double D, back to my place, lots of food, hot tub, Monday morning - drop 'em off, gotta meet Mary Disa, back to Bland, and away we go.

*whew*

So that's the super super quick version. If you want anything fleshed out, just shoot me a line somehow. My pictures might help illustrate some, too, since I've actually got them updated now.

Until next time...good night and good luck.

2 comments:

AZV321 said...

what heroes power would come in most handy on your trails?

Maury said...

painting the future, hands down.