January 4, 2008

I'm ashamed of myself.

What have I sunk to now?

A blog.

Such a thing that I have heretofore relegated to the likes of angsty high school students/myspacers, sweaty internet nerds, or, occasionally, someone with something constructive or interesting to contribute (i.e. - they're being paid for it).

Yet here I sit, at the start of a new year, wondering just where my life took the wrong turn to lead me down this dark alleyway.

I think it was probably when I decided "College degrees be damned, I'm walking into the woods!" which consequently led to my current status of swiping meal plans by day and hanging out with my parents by night. So, despite my pretense of dignity, in reality, I'm exactly the kind of person that should have a blog.

My convoluted reasoning for this inauspicious detour into "teh interwebs" (as those rascally laughing cats would say) would be to chronicle in some way my wacky and wonderful journey on the Appalachian Trail.

Also, I was bored and needed to waste some time.

Theoretically, while I am on the trail, I will be able to post intermittently, whenever I happen to stumble into a town that has a public computer (which allegedly occurs more than you might expect) and this will be a supplement to whatever ranting and raving emails I eventually send out.

Also, since I won't begin the trail until late March, I will undoubtedly post whenever I am bored and need to waste some time. I will attempt to keep it somehow related to the trail, however tenuously.

And so, imaginary person who is reading this, (in keeping with my driving analogy) thus begins my shortcut through the cactus-patch that is blogdom. Any ridicule is welcome and very well-deserved.

No comments: